Misaligned teeth can be embarrassing. Moreover, they can make it difficult to maintain a clean and healthy mouth. But if you don’t want to put up with the hassle and inconvenience of traditional metal braces, you might hesitate to take steps to straighten out your pearly whites. There is good news! As your certified Invisalign provider in Annapolis, we can help you get your teeth where they belong in a discreet and easy manner. Please contact us if you have any questions about this remarkable treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Instead of using metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth, Invisalign uses a series of clear thermoplastic aligners. You wear an aligner for 20 – 22 hours each day, and switch to a new aligner every couple of weeks so your teeth gradually move into their proper positions. The average total treatment time with Invisalign is around 12 months, but since every case is unique, it might require more or less time for you to go through the complete process.
Since the aligners are clear, Invisalign offers an orthodontic treatment that helps adults maintain a professional image. It’s also an awesome choice for responsible teenagers who don’t want their smile to be marred by traditional braces.
What Advantages Does Invisalign Offer?
Invisalign offers a long list of benefits. Here are just some of the advantages you can expect to experience if you choose this treatment:
- Since the aligners are removable, Invisalign allows you to eat and drink pretty much whatever you want.
- Invisalign’s removable nature makes cleaning your teeth easy. You can brush and floss as you normally would — no need to navigate around a bunch of metal!
- After you get started with your treatment, you won’t have to spend a lot of time in our office. We just ask that you check in for a brief (15 minutes or so) appointment every four to six weeks so we can make sure that everything is going according to plan.
- The cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of traditional orthodontics, and insurance may be willing to help cover part of the price.
- You should start to notice results in just a couple of months.
- Invisalign is an appropriate treatment for most orthodontic problems (although severe misalignment may require traditional braces instead).
What Is Daily Life Like With Invisalign?
Living with Invisalign is easy! Here are a few tips to make you make the most of your treatment:
- While you’re wearing your aligners, it’s best to stick to drinking plain water. Colored liquids and hot beverages might stain or warp the plastic.
- It’s important to rinse your aligner after meals before you put it back in your mouth. You should also give it a brief cleaning every day.
- It’s a good idea to carry a little oral hygiene kit (toothpaste, a toothbrush, and some floss) with you so you can clean your teeth after meals.
- When you switch to a new aligner, you might experience a bit of tenderness in your mouth. However, many patients have remarked that Invisalign is surprisingly comfortable.